Buying bulk clays is certainly one of the least expensive ways to achieve spa quality masks at just a fraction of the cost. Literally pennies per mask and they don’t expire. Use our clays straight with water, hydrosols or blend it with your favorite additive. These pure clays allow you to use natural botanicals to create a mask that spreads evenly, adheres to your skin and provides a draw that removes dirt, debris from reduces pore size. Our dry mask concentrates allow you to tailor each mask for your individual needs.
Custom blends can be created by combining two or more clays together and in addition, different botanicals can be used in place of water. Here are a few suggested botanicals you can mix with just a tablespoon of the clay to customize and intensify your mask:
- Aloe Juice – High in vitamins E and C, it helps soothe irritated skin and has anti-wrinkle benefits. Suitable for normal to dry skin types.
- Banana Puree – High in vitamin A and has anti-bacterial properties that help to maintain dermatological health. Suitable for all skin types.
- Green Tea or White Tea – Contain high levels of anti-aging antioxidants called polyphenols. Suitable for all skin types.
- Lemon Juice – Highly astringent, it helps remove excess oil. It is also a mild skin bleacher, so use with caution. We recommend adding only a few drops to another solvent, rather than using it as the only solvent. Suitable for oily skin types.
- Oil – Add a few drops of olive oil, sweet almond oil or jojoba to your mask powder. Then add water until desired thickness is achieved. Suitable for normal to very dry skin.
- Red Wine – Contains resveratrol, a potent antioxidant that helps fight the signs of premature aging. Suitable for all skin types.
- Strawberry Puree – High in salicylic acid and vitamin C. It also has a mild skin brightening effect so use with caution. Suitable for normal to oily skin types.
- Witch Hazel – An astringent, it helps remove excess oil. Suitable for normal to oily skin types.
- Yogurt – High in lactic acid, it smoothes and softens skin. Suitable for normal to dry skin types.
If you’d like to add a natural scent, we suggest using a droplet of your favorite essential oil, such as lavender, jasmine or rose.
Or you can always purchase one of our “ready to go” masks here: https://www.cmnaturals.com/facial-care/